Mandy Oxley Swan, Balance Me’s Head Facial Therapist shows you how to get a radiant, healthy glow (in the comfort of your own home)
We all know how important it is to carve out some 'me time' and we think that setting aside some time to give yourself a facial is a great way to start. It doesn’t just benefit your face (who doesn’t want smoother, plumper, brighter skin?), it benefits your mind and your body, lowering stress levels, heart rate and blood pressure. Mandy Oxley Swan shares her secrets to a salon-worthy DIY facial.
1. “Set the scene. Line up your products, create a calm environment: light a candle.
2. Ensure your hands are clean and use a headband to keep your hair from your face.
3. Cleanse your face twice. I like to start with a sweep of Flash Cleanse Micellar Water followed by anti-oxidant rich Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm. Really work it into the skin, using upward circular movements, before removing it with a hot flannel or cloth.
4. Exfoliate. I prefer chemical exfoliants as they work more deeply and are less abrasive. Radiance Face Mask has the best of both worlds: natural fruit acid which works to chemically exfoliate and very light, non-abrasive physical ground walnut shell particles that gently polish the skin.
5. Apply a Hyaluronic Mist. With skin freshly cleansed and exfoliated, now is a great time to lock in hydration. Balance Me’s Hyaluronic Plumping Mist contains a super fine, low molecular weight and natural hyaluronic acid that will penetrate the skin to instantly hydrate and revive even the tiredest skin.
6. Give yourself a facial massage using a balm or oil, like Rose Otto Face Oil. Work the product upwards – this is the direction we want our skin to go in - not downwards! Start from the base of the neck, using small circular movements - not forgetting the tight muscles on the sides of the neck, working up behind the ears. Then work over the jaw, temples and forehead.
My favourite eye massage really helps counteract puffiness and brightens the eye area: apply Wonder Eye Cream when you do this to maximise the brightening results). Press along the top of the brows, working outwards, then gently pinch along them. Then firmly circle the eye area with index fingers. Use the heel of your hands, push out towards your ears from under the eye area for extreme de-puffing. Finish by massaging the temples – an excellent tension reliever.
7. Finish with a layer of serum and moisturiser. Vitamin C Repair Serum has that unique blend of uplifting essential oils I use in a professional facial. Follow with Collagen Boost Moisturiser, or Moisture Rich Face Cream to provide a final layer of deep nourishment to your skin.
Featuring a blend of hydrating, anti-ageing and calming ingredients, this Flash Cleanse Micellar Water is the perfect quick cleansing solution for all skin types. The innovative Tri-Peptide complex mimics broken down collagen, tricking cells into producing more; plumping wrinkles. Hyaluronic Acid hydrates and prevents moisture loss, while chamomile calms and soothes.
Boost your beauty routine with two drops of the powerful, lightweight Balance Me Vitamin C Repair Serum. Developed to brighten and firm your complexion whilst helping reduce pigmentation and uneven skin tone.
Balance Me’s Collagen Boost Moisturiser contains a naturally derived chain of amino acids that mimics broken down collagen molecules, tricking cells into producing more collagen. Hyaluronic acid deeply plumps and hydrates from within, holding up to 1,000 times its own weight in water, whilst Blackberry leaf extract is a powerful anti-oxidant, which prevents against environmental damage.
Gentle yet intensely hydrating, Balance Me Moisture Rich Face Cream is ideal for sensitive or easily irritated skin. Arctic Cloudberry is an anti-oxidant rich fruit that protects the skin from environmental damage. Aloe Vera has powerful soothing properties, whilst Rose Absolute and Rose Geranium Oils are anti-inflammatory and beneficial for treating broken capillaries and scarring.
Suitable for all skin types, Balance Me's Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm polishes and illuminates skin. A trio of Shea, Mango and Cocoa butters that are rich in essential fatty acids and vitamins plump and nourish the skin. Oat Powder gently exfoliates, whilst the antioxidant powers of Artic Cloudberry protect and hydrate. Virgin Coconut Oil and May Chang have impressive anti-bacterial properties.
Packed with ingredients to polish and hydrate skin, our Balance Me Radiance Face Mask reveals brighter skin in just 5 minutes. An AHA Fruit Acid Complex gently lifts dead skin cells, providing natural enzyme exfoliation, whilst Ground Walnut Shell Powder acts as a physical defoliant to buff away dry or dead skin. Kaolin Clay clarifies and draws out impurities, whilst Aloe Vera and Lavender calms and soothes skin.
Our award winning Wonder Eye Cream is packed full of ingredients to refresh, awaken and lift even the most sensitive of eyes. Hyaluronic Acid provides the eyes with a shot of moisture, penetrating the skin to hydrate and plump from the inside. A blend of Cucumber oil and Witch Hazel calm, brighten and work to reduce puffiness and inflammation.
Our Hyaluronic Plumping Mist is an instant shot of hydration and calm for your skin. Containing a totally natural form of Hyaluronic Acid - Hyacare 50, it really is a brilliant example of where cutting-edge science meets powerful botanicals. Hyacare 50 is derived from a probiotic and boasts anti-oxidant properties which penetrate deeply into all layers of the skin, leaving it looking and feeling plumped and calm. Chamomile water provides immediate relief for sensitive and hormonal skin, calming redness and irritation, whilst pineapple fruit extract brightens skin and balances oily or dry complexions. This hard-working multitasker, is perfect to calm unhappy skin, whether you’re in the office, at the gym, or 39,000 feet in the air.
Keep skin calm and hydrated with Balance Me Rose Otto Face Oil - a 100% natural, skin-strengthening rose oil for the face, which works hard to protect sensitive and red complexions.
Sign up to receive regular
news and offers plus 15% off your first order